Saturday, January 23, 2010

Crisis Diverted

The surgeon, whose name is Liam Ryan (Liam and my brothers name, good sign!) decided against doing a chest tube after looking at his x-rays. Thank goodness, I really didn't want to see him go under again and have all that pain. So they are continuing his diuretics and they allowed us to feed him about an hour ago. He ate 2 oz in 5 minutes and seemed perturbed he didn't get more, but he was breathing heavily and we don't want to overwork him while he is still having trouble with his lungs.

I just sent Alex back to our room at the Ronald McDonald house to get some sleep and then I'll go later. We both are walking zombies right about now. I'm just impressed we take regular showers even if we don't sleep!

My parents got down here this morning with chocolate chip cookies for the nurses, nothing like good bribery. Aunt Mary came last night and so did Aunt Maureen, Uncle Tim and future wife Morghan. Brian W. came over and took Alex out for a few hours last night which he definitely needed. Hope to do the same tonight when my sister gets here this afternoon. The goal is to have one parent with him and let the other sleep and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment