Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Happy Tears Day



Short and simple- we held him. It was like holding him the first time after he was born but just a little bit sweeter in some ways. We each spent about 30 minutes rocking him, and he just stared deep into our eyes, even tried to talk to us a little. Each time we kissed him, he would arch an eyebrow or even crack half a smile.

Alex went back to the Ronald McDonald House and at 10:30, I went to say goodnight and the nurse let me sit there and rock him to sleep. Despite all the wires and chest tube, it felt almost normal. When his wound gets better and the tube comes out, he will get to sleep in his favorite position, chest to chest, looking up at us.

And I sat there tonight laughing that I married my half Chinese guy and there is this golden red haired child with big blue eyes and pink skin looking back at me. He is my hero, my own "Braveheart".

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE that first picture of you and Liam, T! So glad you guys got to hold the little guy today. :) -Q.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best pictures ever!! How sweet and happy he looks! Must've been a great feeling to hold him - it's so hard not to be able to for so long. Great job Liam, you're a tough little cookie!

    Kathleen St.Denis & family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So happy for you all...I'm sure all three of you needed that! Hope things continue to get better & better for little Liam.

    Love,
    Sharon Jacob Simpson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Liam! I hope that the worst is over and Liam continues to recover so you get more and more happy smiles from him :)

    -Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess Strieter EltingFebruary 9, 2010 at 8:03 PM

    You look so very happy in this picture and I am so happy for you!! I'm sure these times of cuddling will do you all good. Let's hope his recovery is swift and soon you'll be resting chest to chest at home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! It's got to be so amazing to hold him. Great news!

    ReplyDelete