Monday, December 14, 2009

Road Trip


Picture is from today..I finally found a winter hat that will stay on. Liam has been taking his impersonation of Maggie from the Simpsons very seriously with the pacifier and if we lose this one, I'm in deep trouble.

It is sad but I am counting our trip to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia as a road trip because its very likely going to be the only one we go on for awhile. I even bought junk food for Alex and I for that whole 2.5 hour drive!

I am starting to pack and put things together for our visit, Alex and I are basically bringing an outfit and overnight stuff. Liam however needs a lot more so I am pulling it all together and checking my list. Also trying to find an outfit for myself to wear because not a lot fits that doesn't scream pregnant lady. I have been living in sweats and two pairs of stretchy pants and I was hoping to wear something with a waistband but I think that will still be a while, especially since I am on a no exercise restriction. Boo. Guess I'm going to be very un-Heidi Klum like and will be wearing prego clothes.

We made a request at Ronald McDonald House in Philly, but we won't find out until the day of arrival if they have room. We will be most likely staying there during Liam's CHOP surgery and recovery period. They have a great rule of once you check in, they don't kick you out unless your child is discharged and sent home. So next time you visit the golden arches and order yourself a number 10, my pregnancy favorite, add some change to the Ronald McDonald jars. We just found our new charity of choice.

My mom is going to meet us at the hospital and my grandma too- she hasn't met Liam yet and it is her first great grandchild. She can't come to the clinic with us but she said her usual line of I'm fine..hah. Hoping we will also get a chance to visit with Brian, one of Alex's good friends who also does physical therapy on babies very much like Liam. It would be great to get his opinion and just to see him, Mary and Liam's girlfriend, Abby.

In addition to preparing for the visit and clinic on Wednesday, Liam had another weigh in today and is up to 6lbs, 14 oz. His estimated birth weight was 6lbs, 13 oz so a month later, he is there. Sigh. Great news that his oxygen levels were higher than his normal at 91..it was great to hear. Doctor thinks he is doing wonderful and we will weigh in again next week.

We will check in after Philly and hopefully have more news on surgery dates and expectations. Say some prayers for the little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment